Faded

 I remember the day I let you go. Dazzling sunlight was wetting the high summer sky as usual. Perfect weather, can’t get better, I thought. Everything was just as usual. Kids were running around the small park to catch colorful balloons, flying high up to the blue sky. People were chattering in many different voices about everyday issues. Among them, I didn’t know what to do. I tried to avoid thinking about you, but couldn’t stop tears keep running down my face. You are no longer here next to me, but the world kept on going just as usual.

 I remember the day I’ve first met you. It was one summer night, and you call me and asked if I can meet for a while. You and me, we had been just good friends. Even though we knew that we were caring for each other more than just friend, I couldn’t easily show it to you. I was afraid of the fact that someday, I should let you go. However, you were braver than I was. You told me your heart, and I was happy to say yes. Under the black summer night and twinkling stars, two of us were, and still, extremely beautiful.  

 I remember every single thing of you. I remember the color of your eyes, which resembled the silent wolf. I remember the voice of you calling me, that I could determine among the sounds of thousands of crowds. I still sometimes feel you at those places we have gone together. The song we used to listen together is still on the top of my list. We were so happy that I mistakenly thought we will be together forever till river dries. However, you walked away along the Bifrost with the guardian angel. The worst thing is that I can feel these memories are fading away. I am so angry with myself who can no longer cry by thinking of you. Maybe the river flows in my eye finally dried.

 I remember you, in my yesterday dream. I didn’t know what to say because my heart was trembling so hard. We were meeting each other just the same as those days. Even though I knew this was a dream, I just wanted to keep on sleeping without waking up from this sweet summer daydream. You hugged without a word and asked me how I am doing. You held my hand tightly and told me to take some rest under your arms. I could sure that it was you because your hand was still so warm enough to make my sorrow went away. I hoped you stay next to me like this forever without noticing this was just a piece of a dream. However, you knew, and before you left, you said sorry. I want to say something, but not a single word came out from my throat.


 I woke up in one snowy morning of February. Tomorrow, as long as I remember, is someone’s birthday. I remember I had a dream about my loved one, whom I have never had. That was such a sweet dream, I thought and went back to sleep. 

Comments

  1. I LOVE the last part- the unexpected(unless maybe the reader knows you very well) punch line! I hope this comes true someday and becomes a real memory for you;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never Haha anyways I am happy to know that punch line really worked XD

      Delete
  2. Very poetic and ... I wonder if this is real? Or is this sort of like summoning a Muse? In any case, very vivid and creative.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Do What You Wanna Do

Nostalgia of GLPS

Childrens and adults